Monday 1 November 2010

End of Vis Com

I found the first week of Vis Com fairly enjoyable, however i wasn't too keen on the second. --- I missed fridays studio time due to a funeral which mean't i wasn't there to hear the brief for the third project. I managed to get my friend livi to email it to me but i received it late and so wasn't as prepared as i could have been for monday. I mainly just didn't get the idea of creating something to say something to another thing without words, it just seemed so vague and unrealistic. I eventually began on the idea of 'stealing from the rich and giving to the poor' i was inspired by working with the icon of a 'barclaycard'. I liked the idea of it being precious, guarded and important. The message being sent would be the pin number transferred via the eagle (barclaycard symbol) to the less fortunate person. I explored ways of  transferring this message, i finalised my ideas by having the numbers attached to 'tags' that would casually be dropped by the eagle to the person in the particular order.
i enjoyed Vis com but not as much as i enjoyed fine art or fashion and textiles, i think this is obvious within my work as i think my previous work shows much more attention.

drawing proj

No comments:

Post a Comment